First on our list is the amazing slow cooker barbecue pork. It offers a total of 188 calories; 4g of carbs, 4g fat, and 33g of protein.
First of all, I think I should let you know that this is not your typical kind of BBQ, the pulled pork will have a different sauce. The sauce is packed with spices instead of sweet. It uses paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and some chili powder. The barbeque can be consumed on its own and it can be tucked into sandwiches, in tortillas or even with salads.
This salad is under 200 calorie meals.
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 lbs. lean pork tenderloin
- 1 onion bulb. (sliced)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of paprika
- 1.5 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 1 tbsp. liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tbsp. chili powder (optional)
This recipe will make for six servings.
- To start with, add your already sliced onions into the slow cooker. Make sure it is making up the baseline of the slow cooker.
- Make a mix of all the spices and then rub the mixture all over the pork. If you are using the chili powder, which is optional, you would add it in the spice mix.
- Now, layer up your pork into the slow cooker and pour the chicken broth and apple cider vinegar. Add the liquid smoke if you will be using it, remember it is also optional.
- And finally, cook on low heat for 8 hours until it shreds easily with a fork.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat 34|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||6%|