Apple and raisin muffin is a nice 190 calorie breakfast meal. It gives you a super nutritious, low carb, high protein start to your morning and it only takes about an hour to get prepared.
|3|| Fat |
Unsaturates 4 g
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 medium Braeburn apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 200ml/7fl oz semi-skimmed milk
- 2 small bananas, mashed
- 300g/10½oz self-raising flour
- 2–3 tsp granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 40g/1½oz raisins
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- To kick off, preheat your oven to 200°c and prepare your muffin tray with large muffin cases.
- The first step is preparation will require you to pour the honey into a small non-stick saucepan over medium heat and heat the honey up until it turns into a dark golden-brown color and begins to smoke lightly.
- Now, pour in your apples and spices, stir it into the heated honey and leave it to cook for 3–4 minutes, check to see that it is slightly softened and then take it off heat to cool for a bit.
- Beat the eggs, sesame oil and milk in a separate bowl. Pour in the mashed bananas and mix it with the beaten mixture.
- In another different bowl, mix the flour, sweetener, bicarbonate of soda and raisins. Mix it well and then pour in the egg mixture. Pour in the apples too and every other ingredient.
- Mix the mixture well, scoop it into the muffin cases. (you would be needing about 12 muffin cases for this recipe)
- Mix together the oats and sugar and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool a bit and eat it warm.