Normally, caramel rolls have high calories, but this recipe is light and healthy, so before you rule caramel rolls out of your diet, you should try this recipe.
- All-purpose flour, 3 ½- 4 cups
- Granulated sugar, ⅓ cup
- Stick margarine, softened, ⅓ cup
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Regular /quick active dry yeast, 2 packs
- 1 cup, Warm milk, (120°F to 130°F)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon, Stick margarine softened
- ¼ cup, granulated sugar/ brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon, ground cinnamon
- ½ cup, chopped pecans/raisins
- Put ⅓ cup of granulated sugar, salt, half of the flour and yeast into a big bowl and mix well.
- Add the milk, margarine, and egg and mix for a minute on low speed.
- Electric mixer. Make sure to scrape the bowl from time to time
- Add some more flour to get a fine dough and mix on medium sowed for another 1 minute.
- Spread flour on a flat surface and turn the mixed dough on it. Keep kneading the dough until it us smooth and fluffy.
- Grease another bowl and place the kneaded dough, turning the side that has touched the grease up.
- Cover it in a warm place and let it rise till its double the original size or after about 1½ hours.
- To ensure that it’s ready, touch it to see if the touched place does not rise back up.
- put grease on all sides of a pan and put it aside.
- Put the dough n another floured surface and roll it out neatly till it’s in the form if a rectangle and Spread the margarine on it.
- Mix the pecans with the granulated sugar and cinnamon and then sprinkle it on the margarine spread.
- Roll it in starting from the longer side and then pin the edges into the roll to seal it.
- Stretch and shape the roll until it is even from top to bottom. Cut into slices and place it in the pan. Cover it and keep in a warm place for about 30 mins when it doubles.
- Set the oven heat at 350°F
- Let it bake for about 35 minutes until its golden brown.
- Take off the pan and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
Value per sticky roll