TThis recipe is a veggie stew that is very easy to make and is only 150 calories per portion. It is highly nutritional since it embodies different kinds of vegetables. It is also largely out of the routine diet, therefore, it is a meal you want to try out.
- Sunflower oil, 2 tablespoons
- Butternut squash, ½ or 1, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion
- Parsnips, 2-3 peeled and cut into chunks
- Swede:1 (small size)
- Cauliflower (small size), 1
- Carrots, 2 /3
- Red pepper, 1
- Ground coriander, 1 leveled tablespoon
- Ground cumin, 1 leveled tablespoon
- Ground turmeric, 1 leveled tablespoon
- Can chopped tomatoes, 400g
- Vegetable stock cube, 1
- Chickpeas, 410g
- Ground black pepper
- Chopped coriander, 1/2 tablespoon Couscous,
- Steam your couscous
- Break the cauliflower in florets
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas
- Deseed and chop the red pepper
- Peel and slice the carrots
- Peel and slice red onions into thin edges
- Peel the butternut squash and deseed, cutting it into chunks
- Peel and cut the parsnips and swedes into chunks
- Pour the oil into a large pan and let it heat, then add the onions to cook for 5 minutes.
- When it begins to soften, add the other vegetables and cook it for another 5 mins, stir once in a while
- Put you cumin, turmeric, and coriander. Leave it to cook fie another 3 mins
- Add the tomatoes and the stock cube. Stir rice chickpeas also into the mix
- Pour the mix in a slow-coom pit and cook for at least 3 hours on high heat. Ur will be double the time if you go for low heat, largely, the vegetables have to be soft.
- Dress it nicely with the coriander sprinkles abs serve with your steamed couscous.