Finding enjoyable meals are not a problem until you try to eat healthy at the same time. Then it looks as though all your options disappeared. At first glance, meals that are enjoyable seem unhealthy. On the other hand, Those healthy low-calorie meals are even too bland to be served at funerals. This then leaves you at a crossroad of nourishment or enjoyment. Well, I’m telling you that somewhere on that crossroad, there’s a boulevard that is adorned with meals that are both healthy and enjoyable. Here’s an exposition on enjoyable meals below 200 calories.
Other tips under 200 calories
1. Caramel-Pecan Sticky Rolls
Normally, caramel rolls have high calories, but this recipe is light and healthy, so before you rule caramel rolls out of your diet, you should try this recipe.
- All-purpose flour, 3 ½- 4 cups
- Granulated sugar, ⅓ cup
- Stick margarine, softened, ⅓ cup
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Regular /quick active dry yeast, 2 packs
- 1 cup, Warm milk, (120°F to 130°F)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon, Stick margarine softened
- ¼ cup, granulated sugar/ brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon, ground cinnamon
- ½ cup, chopped pecans/raisins
- Put ⅓ cup of granulated sugar, salt, half of the flour and yeast into a big bowl and mix well.
- Add the milk, margarine, and egg and mix for a minute on low speed.
- Electric mixer. Make sure to scrape the bowl from time to time
- Add some more flour to get a fine dough and mix on medium sowed for another 1 minute.
- Spread flour on a flat surface and turn the mixed dough on it. Keep kneading the dough until it us smooth and fluffy.
- Grease another bowl and place the kneaded dough, turning the side that has touched the grease up.
- Cover it in a warm place and let it rise till its double the original size or after about 1½ hours.
- To ensure that it’s ready, touch it to see if the touched place does not rise back up.
- put grease on all sides of a pan and put it aside.
- Put the dough n another floured surface and roll it out neatly till it’s in the form if a rectangle and Spread the margarine on it.
- Mix the pecans with the granulated sugar and cinnamon and then sprinkle it on the margarine spread.
- Roll it in starting from the longer side and then pin the edges into the roll to seal it.
- Stretch and shape the roll until it is even from top to bottom. Cut into slices and place it in the pan. Cover it and keep in a warm place for about 30 mins when it doubles.
- Set the oven heat at 350°F
- Let it bake for about 35 minutes until its golden brown.
- Take off the pan and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
Value per sticky roll
2. Spiced Butternut Squash and Veg Tagin
This recipe is a veggie stew that is very easy to make and is only 150 calories per portion. It is highly nutritional since it embodies different kinds of vegetables. It is also largely out of the routine diet, therefore, it is a meal you want to try out.
- Sunflower oil, 2 tablespoons
- Butternut squash, ½ or 1, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion
- Parsnips, 2-3 peeled and cut into chunks
- Swede:1 (small size)
- Cauliflower (small size), 1
- Carrots, 2 /3
- Red pepper, 1
- Ground coriander, 1 leveled tablespoon
- Ground cumin, 1 leveled tablespoon
- Ground turmeric, 1 leveled tablespoon
- Can chopped tomatoes, 400g
- Vegetable stock cube, 1
- Chickpeas, 410g
- Ground black pepper
- Chopped coriander, 1/2 tablespoon Couscous,
- Steam your couscous
- Break the cauliflower in florets
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas
- Deseed and chop the red pepper
- Peel and slice the carrots
- Peel and slice red onions into thin edges
- Peel the butternut squash and deseed, cutting it into chunks
- Peel and cut the parsnips and swedes into chunks
- Pour the oil into a large pan and let it heat, then add the onions to cook for 5 minutes.
- When it begins to soften, add the other vegetables and cook it for another 5 mins, stir once in a while
- Put you cumin, turmeric, and coriander. Leave it to cook fie another 3 mins
- Add the tomatoes and the stock cube. Stir rice chickpeas also into the mix
- Pour the mix in a slow-coom pit and cook for at least 3 hours on high heat. Ur will be double the time if you go for low heat, largely, the vegetables have to be soft.
- Dress it nicely with the coriander sprinkles abs serve with your steamed couscous.
3. Artichoke-Pepper Pasta Salad
This is one of the simplest deals you can find in this category. For someone who is not a fan of the kitchen, this recipe is nothing out of the regular cooking. The upside is that it is healthier than the regular meal.
- 2 ⅔ cups, raw fusilli
- 1 jar, Roasted red bell peppers
- 1 jar Sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 jar, Marinated artichoke hearts, (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons, Shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon, Pepper
- 2 tablespoons, Pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons, Chopped fresh basil leaves
- Boil coaster and drain the starch according to the instructions on the pack. Rinse it and then drain.
- Get a big bowl and mix the mushrooms, bell peppers artichoke hearts and cheese.
- Add the pasta and toss it well. Dress it nicely with some basil and nuts.
This is just 3 of the myriads of meals that rate about 200 calories or less. From what you’ve seen, you don’t have to get to planet Mars before finding a 5-star healthy meal.
What are you waiting for?
Launch into healthy living already!