If you are seeking ways to lose weight and burn calories in a short amount of time, you have come to the right place. With these workouts, you are easily able to torch around 500 calories in only a 30 minute time span. These workouts are able to be conducted either at home, at a gym, in a hotel, or really anywhere that you prefer. Without further adieu, here are four cardio-oriented workouts that you will aid you in losing 500 calories in only 30 minutes.
Interval Running Workout
Running has always been one of the absolute most advantageous workouts that burn a substantial amount of calories quickly. If you are to jog at a pace of approximately 7 MPH (on a treadmill or outside), then you will easily torch around 700 calories within an hour. While running for an entire hour at 7 MPH is rather difficult, even alternating between fast running and taking time to breath and walk will get you to your goal of 500 calories within an hour. Alternating between a comfortable jog or run and a full out sprint is a great way to hit 500 calories in around 30 minutes.
If you are not someone that particularly enjoys to run, then you are able to follow the same guidelines for a power walk/jogging interval – it just may not take the same amount of time that it would take if you were to sprint or run. If you do not want to run at all, then there are other workouts available for you listed below.
Stair climbing is by far one of the most intense and beneficial workouts for torching calories quickly – especially if you jog up the stairs. You are even able to burn 500 calories in 30 minute through walking up the stairs while also using dumbbells.
When you add weight to functional movements, you will work more muscles at once and ultimately increase your calorie burn. For this workout, it is recommended to use a 3 or 8 pound dumbbell, all depending on your fitness level. It is even okay to start out with 3 pound dumbbells and work your way up to 8 pounds once you feel that it is comfortable. You want to carry the dumbbells in a “grocery bag” position, which is when you carry each dumbbell in separate hands as if you are holding grocery bags. Through doing this and walking up stairs, you will find yourself sweating in no time and burning 500 calories in no time.
Interval Cycling Ride
Interval cycling riding is another common option for burning 500 calories in only 30 minutes. In order to complete this exercise, you will need to have a stationary bike. These can either be purchased or used at a gym that is close to you. Hotels usually will also have a stationary bike as well. Therefore, put away your mountain bike and get on a stationary bike and petal to the metal and reach your goal of 500 calories!
Plyometric Rep Challenge
A form of workout that you may have no heard of before is the plyometric rep challenge. Plyometric exercises are listed as one of the sure-fire methods to burning calories and building muscle. This routine combines some of the absolute best jumping moves that you can do for a great cardio workout at the gym, at home, or even outside. This exercise method includes that you do each move for the number of reps that are listed. Doing the full 500-calorie workout circuit quickly may even get you to your goal of 500 calories in under 30 minutes – of course even with resting included. In order to ensure that you are perfecting all of the moves necessary for this 500-calorie workout, you will need to keep understand these:
- High Knees – In order to conduct this exercise, run in place and bring your knees up to your chest as high as you can – all the while pumping your arms extremely fast.
- Push-Ups – Push ups are common and you have probably done them within your life. For those who have never done a push up, start in a straight-arm plan position with your hands a bit wider and in line with your shoulders. Brace core and squeeze glutes as you lower your body down until your chest almost touches the floor. Once you get to the floor, pause when you reach the bottom and then push back to your starting position quickly. This will be one rep, and obviously you will need to do much more to burn more calories.
- Alternating Lunges – When you are attempting to do alternating lunges, stand tall with your feet hip-width apart. Step forward with your right foot while then bending both of your knees, which puts your right knee over your ankle and your left heel will be lifted. Step back to the starting position and alternate this workout between each leg. Doing each leg will be 1 rep. Conduct this exercise repeatedly for a period of time then move on to the next exercise.
- Mountain Climbers – In order to do a mountain climber, you must begin through forming a plank position. Then, you will want to alternative “running” knees into chest as quickly as possible. It is important to keep your core engaged the entire time and push speed as much as possible without compromising form. Conduct this exercise for a period of time and then proceed to the next exercise.
- Leg Raises – Leg raises require you to get down on all fours with your palms flat on the ground and shoulder-width apart. Without allowing back to rise or round, keep your core engaged as you bend your right knee and life your leg up until your right thigh is parallel to the floor. Then, slowly lower back down to your starting position. This is one rep. Do around 25 reps on right side and then repeat on the left side.