Another American cuisine is the baked kale chips recipe is simply the best side dish you can have. It is delicious, kid-friendly, and a healthy snack made with just five ingredients, and it’s a great way to have some green incorporated min your day.
Baked kale chips are a low-calorie, nutritious snack; you cannot but crave more.
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
Total time is 30 minutes
Servings 4 cups kale chips
Consuming kale chips can help with weight loss and management. A homemade batch of kale chips contains 153 calories in total in contrast to more than 300 calories in many unhealthy snack food like cookies, potato chips, and even donuts. Choosing to consume kale chips over other 300 calories snacks will save you about 150 calories each time. Eat kale chips regularly, three times a week, and you will lose 7 pounds a year. Kale chips are just awesome
Kale is an essential diet when it comes to supporting our senses of sight. A cup of kale contains 206 percent of vitamin A which helps to protect the surface of the eye. Kale, also, is an excellent source of lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that are highly concentrated in the retina of the eyes. Your body does not produce these carotenoids, so you have to get them from the food you eat. What an easy way to get these carotenoids.
- One bunch kale about 6 cups, loosely packed
- One tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond meal, garlic salt, and pepper together, then set aside.
- Extract the leafy green part of the kale from the stalk and tear it into smaller pieces.
- Put the kale leaves into a large mixing bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil and massage with your hands until all pieces of kale leaves are coated.
- Sprinkle the almond meal mixture over the oil-coated kale chips.
- Make sure you distribute the dry ingredients evenly on the kale chips.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes. Stir halfway through.
- Once crispy, allow cooling entirely on the baking sheet.
- Extract the cooled kale chips from the baking sheet.
- Eat immediately or store for the future.
- Calories: 58 kcal
- Total fat: 2,8g
- Sodium: 185mg
- Potassium: 337mg
- Total carborydrates: 7,6g
- Protein: 2,5g
Kale chips are a very delicious and healthy meal but are so difficult to store. Keeping the kale leaves crispy starts before the preparation of the meal. Start by drying your leaves entirely before cooking them. Also, allow your chips cool to room temperature before storing them in an airtight container. Introducing uncooked rice to the bottom of the box will help prevent sogginess. Reheat the in an oven at a low temperature for 15 to 20 minutes to freshen up stored kale chips.
Kale is the way!