If you are a lover of apple, Just like every other muffin, apple muffins will give you a delicious and satisfactory feeling but with a new apple flavor somewhere in the mix. This delicacy is sweetened with maple syrup or Honey in the right proportion, just enough to satisfy your desires, yet, make you crave for more.
- Preparation time 15 minutes
- Cook time 13 minutes
- Total time 28 minutes
- Aids the digestive system apples are a great source of fiber. Introducing apples to your muffins daily can provide you with the proper amount of antioxidants. Furthermore, regular consumption of apples can neutralize symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome as well as reduce the inflammation of the hemorrhoids and can help detox your liver.
- Enhances the Immune system
- Apples in your muffins can help to strengthen your digestive system.
- Research has shown that daily consumption of apples provides a 28% reduction in developing type 2 diabetes. It also improves the chances of aging on the brain.
- One ¾ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- One teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 cup apple diced into ¼ cubes
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or Honey
- 2 eggs, preferably at room temperature
- ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup apple sauce
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- One tablespoon raw sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat your oven to 425 F degrees. Lubricate all 12 cups on your muffin tin with butter or better still, use a non-stick cooking spray or pan.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt altogether in a large mixing bowl
- Blend well with a whisk, then add both the grated and chopped apple. Stir well to combine
- Using a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil and maple syrup and beat together with a whisk. Introduce the eggs and beat well; furthermore, add the yogurt, apple sauce, and vanilla and mix well.
- Transfer the moist ingredients into the dry and stir with a big spoon, just until combined. Separate the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle raw sugar to the top of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 13 to 16 minutes or until the biscuits are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean
- Place the muffin container on a cooling rack to cool before serving.
If you want to bake with Honey, Honey tends to brown swiftly, so to avoid burned muffins, bake muffins at 325 F degrees until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. This process takes about 23 to 25 minutes.
Serving per recipe: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin (121g)
Leftover muffins can be stored and covered at room temperature for up to 2 days, or refrigerated for up to 4 days. Frozen leftover muffins can last for up to 3 months.