Banana bread is an American cuisine which came into limelight in the 1930s, over the years, this recipe became so famous that a National banana bread day (February 23) was declared to honour and celebrate the sumptuous flavour of this recipe. This banana bread is a fresh, moist, brown, super soft and delicious bread with lots of banana flavour. This recipe can be easily made anytime and anywhere with simple ingredients.
- Preparation time 15 minutes
- Cook time 1hour 5 minutes
- Total time 1 hour 20 minutes
Consumption of banana bread can boost energy the needed to carry out our daily activities. This recipe contains specific ingredients that provide the necessary minerals and vitamins as well as fibre which promotes our digestive health and in return, enhances our energy production.
Daily consumption of banana bread provides the necessary calories recommended for our daily intake.
Enhances Heart Health
Banana bread contains a high level of Potassium. The element potassium promotes the body fluids and also, ensures that electricity keeps flowing throughout the body system, thereby, improving the regular and rhythmic heartbeat.
It is a scientifically proven fact that banana bread recipe contains a high level of tryptophan which is converted to serotonin which is a neurotransmitter responsible for making us feel happy. You can’t be happy and depressed at the same time. Banana bread will replace your depression with happiness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Two eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Carefully grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the flour, baking soda with salt in a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until the mixture becomes well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir to moisten. Transfer the batter into an available loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf, comes out clean.
- Allow the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Your banana bread is ready to be consumed.
Serving per recipe: 12
Serving size: 1 banana bread (39g)
Amount per Serving
Banana bread should be preserved in a plastic wrap or an airtight container to prevent it from drying out. Refrigerating a banana bread can prolong its lifespan for about a week.