This recipe offers you the chance to combine lemon and coconut to produces an alluring and evergreen lemon coconut cupcakes. This recipe is what everyone wants. It gives you the scintillating flavour of both lemon and coconut. I must confess, not only will this recipe offer you the duo flavour of coconut and lemon but the dynamic, fresh and sweetened taste that will satisfy your desire and make you ask for more.
- Preparation time 20 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
- Total time 1 hour 10 minutes
- Possess anti-oxidants properties
- Enhances heart health
- Prevention against kidney stones
- Helps to control weight loss
- Improves digestive health
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- One ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- One pinch salt
- Five tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- Two eggs
- One egg yolk
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- One teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Place a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl until combine
- Add low heat to 5 tablespoons of butter and milk together in a saucepan until the butter melts completely. This process will last for about 3 to 5 minutes. Then, remove from heat
- Beat the white sugar, eggs, egg yolk, and one teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl using a mixer until the mixture becomes smooth and thickened. Slowly transfer flour into the sugar-egg mixture while mixing, until just combined. Then, slowly add butter-mixture, beat until just combined. Fold in ½ cup shredded coconut. Fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven till a tiny toothpick inserted in the centre of a cupcake is able to come out clean. Baking takes 20 minutes
- Allow cooling in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat the softened butter and cream cheese mixture in a mixing bowl using a mixer.
- Carefully beat confectioners’ sugar into the creamed butter mixture on low until it combines.
- Then, beat in ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and lemon zest until smooth and creamy. Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes; sprinkle one teaspoon shredded coconut onto each cake.
Serving per recipe: 12
Serving size: 1 cup cake (100g)
Amount per Serving
Lemon coconut cupcakes are a very delicious and healthy meal but are so difficult to store. Give time for your cakes to cool to room temperature before storing them in an airtight container. Mostly, refrigeration is employed for short term storage (1-2 days) of lemon coconut cupcakes.