Just like we all know, dessert is a course that is taken at the end of a meal (main course) and they are always sweet foods with lots of carbohydrates and sugar content and certain beverages included. Dessert can refer to several confections which include pastries, ice cream, biscuit, puddings, fruits and so much more. Well, for the sake of this article, we will be focusing on fruit desserts its recipe, health benefits and nutritional values.
Here are some very delicious, mouth-watering, amazingly tasty fruit dessert recipes that will leave you wanting more and also keep you healthy, strong and kicking.
Apple Strudel Apple strudel is a traditional Viennese strudel. A strudel is a type of layered pastry with a sweet filling, it is generally made from a thin layer of dough rolled with filling (fruits) and baked. Apple strudel is a popular pastry in Australia, northern Italy and many European countries. It is quite easy to make very delicious and not expensive to prepare. If what you are looking for is a thin layer of flaky crust with juicy spiced apples then apple strudel is a must eat. Apple strudel consists of an oblong pastry outer layer that contains grated apple fillings which might be tart, crisp or aromatic inside.
- Preparation time 30 minutes
- Cook time 40 minutes
- Total time 1 hour 10 minutes
- Regulates the body temperature.
- Apple strudel enhances immunity.
- It aids digestion.
- It reduces cholesterol.
- Lowers inflammation.
- 1 Granny Smith apple (peeled, cored and coarsely shredded).
- 3 Granny Smith Apples (peeled, cored and sliced).
- 1 cup brown sugar.
- 1 cup golden raisins.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed).
- 1 egg.
- ¼ cup milk.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put apples in a large bowl. Stir in brown sugar and golden raisins and set it aside.
- Place puffy pastry on a baking sheet. Roll lightly with a rolling pin.
- Arrange apple filling in the middle of the pastry along the length. Fold the pastry lengthwise around the mixture.
- Seal edges of pastry by using a bit of water on the fingers, rubbing the pastry edges together.
- Whisk egg and milk together, and brush onto top of pastry.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40mins, or till it turns golden brown in color.
- Serving per recipe: 6
- Serving size: 1 piece of apple strudel (71g)
Amount per serving
|Total fat 16.5g|
|Saturated fat 4.0g|
|Total carbohydrates 87.9g|
|Dietary fiber 3.5g|
|Vitamin A 46.23mg|
|Vitamin C 6mg|
|Vitamin B6 0mg|
Apple strudel can stay up to two days at room temperature, but make sure you cover it loosely with foil or plastic wraps. It will also last a day more if refrigerated.