Blueberry pie is simply a pie with blueberry filling. It is a very easy and stress-less pie to make because you don’t have to peel or slice the fruit. It usually has a top and bottom crust, the top crust can take different shapes but the pie can be made without a top crust also. It is popular in Canada, Germany and the United States of America.
- Preparation time 15 minutes
- Cook time 50 minutes
Total time 1 hour 5 minutes
- Blueberry pies are rich in fiber.
- Blueberry pie are a great source of vitamin C.
- It reduces the risk of memory loss resulting from aging.
- Blueberry pie can reduce the pain of Arthritis.
- They are also a great source of manganese.
- ¾ cup white sugar.
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch.
- ¼ teaspoon salt.
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries.
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Inside a bowl mix salt, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon then the mixture over blueberries.
- Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into ½ or ¾ inch wide strips and make lattice top crimp and flute edges.
- Bake pie on lower level of oven for around 50 minutes and notice when the crust turns golden brown in color.
Serving per recipe: 1
Serving size: 1/8 of whole pie (147g)
Amount per Serving
Blueberry pie filling can be stored in cans which can last for up to a year. Freshly baked blueberry pie will last for around 2 days under normal room temperature. If refrigerated it can last for about 4 to 5 days, cover loosely with foil or plastic wrap.