Who doesn’t like pineapples?
Hell no, pineapple is one of the most demanding and consuming fruits. I just love the yumminess of the fruit as the juice flows through my mouth whenever I take a bite. Pineapple chunks is a sweet, fruity flavored easy to make dessert. The pineapples are made into chunks which makes it easier to handle and ingest while the sweet and unrivalled pineapple juice sinks into your senses. Making you desire more and more and more. An example of pineapple chunks is the pineapple pork stew. Winks…..
Pineapple Pork Stew
Pineapple pork stew is a Hawaiian recipe which is a quick and easy dish for very busy nights. It is smoky, sweet, salty, tangy yet delicious. This dish doesn’t take long to cook and its best enjoyed with sweetened sauce such as honey and soy sauce.
- Preparation time 5 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
- Total time 25 minutes
- Helps reduce the risk of cancer
- Aids digestion
- May boost immunity and suppress inflammation
- Speeds recovery after surgery or strenuous work outs
- High antioxidants powerhouse
- Ease the symptoms of arthritis
- 20 oz Pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (separated)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 2 lb boneless pork stew meat
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Parsley for garnishing
Method of Preservation
- Drain the pineapple chunks and reserve the juice
- Mix water, cornstarch, reserved pineapple juice, honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add heat to the mixture by warming. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Put onion and red peppers and sauce for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until they are vibrant in color and just tender. Remove from heat source and reserve.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the heated mixture in the pot. When hot, add pork meat and saute until no longer pink. Add pineapple chunks and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, mix and allow to combine. Add the sauce, then cook for 10 minutes.
- After cook, add the reserved onions and red peppers to pot and toss to coat.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Then, serve immediately after food.
Serving per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1 (134g)
Amount per serving
This pineapple recipe is best taken immediately.