This grape cake is an Italian cuisine which is an ideal match for Vin Santo, the rich, smooth, aromatic sweet wine prepared in very little quantities on many Italian estate. A contact with this grape cake will send a scintillating shiver through your guts. This healthy, tasty and delicious meal will make you salivate and crave more.
- Preparation time 30 minutes
- Cook time 1 hour
- Total time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Very good antioxidants
The grape constituent of this recipe makes it a very powerful antioxidant as it contains a wide range of phytonutrients which aid in prevention of certain types of cancers and also, help with heart health.
- Prevent Skin Problems
This recipe contains resveratrol which prevents ageing and other skin problems.
- Rich in Potassium
The nutritional dissection of this recipe shows that it contains high level of potassium which when taken will reduce sodium content and in return can be very beneficial to our bodies in numerous ways.
- Good Eye Health
- Boos Brain Power
Resveratrol helps in increasing blood flow to the brain, hereby, it could speed up mental responses.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all- purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 10 ounces small purple grapes
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. butter and flour the 9 inch springform cake pan, tapping out any excess flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk, beat the eggs and sugar for about 3 minutes until thick and lemon-color is obtained. Introduce the butter, oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until they all blend.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the lemon zest and orange zest, and toss to coat the zest with flour.
- Spoon the flour mixture into the bowl of batter and stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix once more. Allow the flour to absorb the liquids, this will take 10 minutes.
- Stir in about ¾ of the grapes into the batter. Spoon the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Place the pan in the center of the oven at 350 degrees F. bake for 15 minutes, then sprinkle the top of the cake with the remaining grapes. Bake for about 40 minutes more, until the top is a deep golden brown and the cake feels quite firm when pressed with a fingertip.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. After 10 minutes, run a knife along the sides of the pan. Release and remove the side of the springform pan, leaving the cake on the pan base. Serve at room temperature, cut into thin wedges.
Serving per recipe: 6
Serving size: 1 (107g)
Amount per serving
Your grape cakes are best stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Have a nice time trying out this new recipe. This grape cake is best taken with a cup of tea or coffee. It feels like heaven.