This banana cream pie with its tasty banana and creamy flavor will send you to a world like never before.
- Preparation time 30 minutes
- Cook time 12 minutes
- Total time 1hour 42 minutes
- Help to prevent asthma
- Help prevent the incidence of cancer
- Help to prevent high blood pressure as well as diabetes
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shell, cooled
- 4 bananas, sliced
Method of preparation
- In a sauce pan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt. Add milk in gradually while stirring lightly. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture is bubbly. Continue stirring and cook for about 2 additional minutes, and then remove from the burner.
- Stir a small a quantity of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolk, then, immediately add egg yolk mixture to the rest of the hot mixture. Cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove the mixture from the stove, and add butter and vanilla. Stir until the whole mixture is smooth.
- Slice bananas into the cooled baked pastry shell. Top with pudding mixture.
- Furthermore, bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 16 minutes. Allow to cool for an hour.
Serving per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1 (87g)
Amount per serving
Refrigerate your left over banana cream pie for 5 days. Do not keep in the open for a long time to Avoid food spoilage.