This delicious healthy and pastry recipe is the perfect dessert to take after a fine hot meal taken for dinner. This Avocado sushi is easy to cook and employs the use of very simple ingredients. This recipe will only take an hour of your time to prepare. I tried it once and have always wanted to keep trying it. I’m a fan of Avocado sushi. Yeah, it’s perfect.
- Preparation time: 35 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
- This Recipe serve as a good source of antioxidants which is good for eye health
- Avocado is good in relieve symptoms of Arthritis
- Also, Avocado helps to prevent cancer.
- This recipe will help you lose weight
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked glutinous white rice (Sushi rice)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
- ½ cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- 1 avocado– peeled, pitted and sliced
- Mix the rice and water in a saucepan and boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and steam for 20minutes, or until rice is tender and water has been absorbed. Then, remove from heat source and stir in the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Allow to cool.
- Cover a bamboo sushi may with plastic wrap to prevent the rice from sticking. Place a sheet of seaweed over the plastic. Using your hands, spread the rice evenly onto the sheet, leaving about ½ inch of seaweed empty at the bottom. Furthermore, arrange strips of cucumber and avocado across the center of the rice. Then, lift the mat and roll over the vegetables once and press down. After this, unroll, then roll again towards the exposed end of the seaweed sheet to make a long roll. You may moisten with a little water to help seal. Put aside and continue with remaining nori sheets, rice and fillings.
- Use a sharp wet knife to slice the rolls into 5 or 6 slices.
- Serve the cut side with your most appealing sushi condiments.
Serving per recipe: 6
Serving size: 1(100g)
Total fat: 5,1g