Roast chicken is a more reasonable alternative than turkey. It’s a straightforward exemplary dish that can even now look great on the Christmas spread. It’s likewise simpler and quicker to get ready than different dishes highlighted in this article. Simply cover the chicken with your selection of spices, pop it in the oven, and heat for 60 minutes. It’s actually a significant simple dish to get ready on the off chance that you don’t have a lot of time before visitors show up. The quantity of calories you gain would rely upon the cut you devour. Each cut contains an alternate number of calories and an alternate extent of protein to fat. The breast part is high in protein and low in fat, while the thigh part has higher fat substance.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Additional time: 15 minutes
- Chicken breast is a good source of low fat protein
- Also, roasted chicken is an excellent source of minerals and vitamins
- Helps to maintain muscle mass
- Preserves healthy metabolism
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
- ½ cup margarine, divided
- 1 stalk celery, leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken’s exterior. Cut the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving
- Serving per recipe: 6
- Serving size: 1(100g)
Amount per serving