Roast beef is a dish made of beef which is roasted. Basically arranged as a main dish, the leftovers are frequently utilized in sandwiches and occasionally are used to make hash. Roast beef is one of the meats customarily served at Sunday supper. A conventional side dish to roast beef is Yorkshire pudding. Roast beef is known to be a signature national dish of England and holds social significance for the English “The Roast Beef of Old England”…LOL…This recipe right here is one of my all time greats. You can’t just stop once you’ve got a taste of it. Yes, you can’t get enough of it.
- Preparation time 5 minutes
- Cook time 1 hour
- Total time 1hour 5 minutes
- Beef provides a large source of L-Carnitine.
- Beef provides the “Master Antioxidant” Glutathione.
- Beef is high in protein and helps improve muscle mass.
- Beef is extremely rich in minerals.
- Eating beef helps prevent iron deficiency anemia.
- Beef contains carnosine, a potent amino acid.
- Beef is full of vitamins.
- 3 pounds beef eye of round roast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). If roast is untied, tie at 3 inch intervals with cotton twine. Place roast in pan, and season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Add more or less seasonings to taste.
- Roast in oven for 60 minutes (20 minutes per pound). Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serving Per Recipe: 6
Serving size: 1 (192g)
Amount Per Serving
Keep the left over roast beef in the coldest segment of your refrigerator.