Lemon roasted salmon with asparagus is a very tasty meal that is highly nutritious. Generally, vegetables are known to contain vitamins and minerals. Asparagus is a vegetable that is low in calories but is highly rich in nutrients. Salmon contains lean protein and polyunsaturated fats.
Preparing salmon as part of a vegetable filled meal especially with asparagus keeps you satisfied for a long time. This reduces the urge to gaze and the nutrients present will nourish your body at the same time. It is a great meal to enjoy during lunch or dinner.
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Total time: 20 mins
- It helps boost the immune system
The meal contains compound like omega-3 and selenium which can be found mostly in salmon. This compounds helps boost the immune. Also, it reduces the risk of chronic illness
- It helps lose weight
This dish is a source of lean protein and polyunsaturated fat, which increases your satisfaction level, just avoid calorie-rich sauce or toppings.
- It aids digestion
It contains vegetables that is highly rich in fiber. Generally, it is an established fact that fiber aids digestion and regular bowel movement.
- 1 large lemon
- 20 thin stalks asparagus (well-trimmed)
- 4-5 salmon fillet (about 1-inch thick)
- 3tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Place a rack in the oven and pre-heat the oven to 4500F
- Grate the lemon to obtain the zest. In a bowl add the zest and 2tbs. of oil. Cut the lemon in half and set aside
- Spread a baking sheet, sprinkle with oil. On one side placed the asparagus and Sprinkle with ¾. Salt and ½ tsp of pepper. On the other side of the baking sheet, arrange the salmon fillet with the skin side down on the oiled baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. of pepper.
- Roast until the asparagus is tender and the salmon is slightly brown or for 10-13mins
- Remove from oven, squeeze the lemon juice over the salmon. Serve immediately.
Serving per recipe: 4
Serving size: 100g
Amount per Serving
Just like any other fish and veggies, lemon roasted asparagus can be preserved by storing it in an airtight container and refrigerating for up to 3 days.