Mashed Cauliflower is very nutritious to have for breakfast. It is a good source of anti-oxidant and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. It is also a good source of fiber which aids digestion and weight loss.
It also contains other chemical compounds that boost the brain and immune system. It is a very good meal to start your day with.
- Preparation time: 5mins
- Cook time: 15mins
- Total time: 20mins
- Highly rich in nutrient.
- A very good source of fiber.
- It contains choline a very important which plays a major role in maintaining the integrity of the cell membrane and also boost brain development.
- It aids weight loss and is a very good source of antioxidants.
- 1kg cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups of water
- 1tbsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- Cut the cauliflower, so that they are about the same size
- In a pot of boiling water, add cauliflower and garlic and allow to cook for 10mins until very soft.
- Scoop out a cup of the cooking water and drain.
- Pour the drained cauliflower into a food processor and add the other ingredients. Blitz until smooth. Use the scooped out water to adjust the consistency of the mix
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Creamy mashed cauliflower is best served with mashed potato.
Serving per recipe: 4
Serving size: 100g
Amount per Serving
Like most foods, cauliflower can be preserve in an airtight bag and refrigerate for 3-5days. It can be reheated in the microwave or on a stove.